Two Annotated Learning Artifacts

4 Seasons of Reconciliation

I completed the 4 Seasons of Reconciliation online program offered by the Royal Bank of Canada back in early September of this year. The program helped me to better understand the impact that legal documents, such as the Indian Act, have on the lives of Indigenous Peoples to this day, as well as the significance of the generational trauma caused by residential schools. Acquiring a proper understanding of these issues will allow me to accurately and appropriately relay their significance to my students.



Lesson Plan

I initially completed this lesson plan during November of this year for ECUR 165, and later returned to it to make several adjustments with differentiation in mind. This activity allowed me to gain experience in lesson planning, which is a fundamental aspect of teaching as it allows for organization, structure, and consistency from lesson to lesson. Several weeks after I completed this lesson plan, I decided to return to it to make several slight adjustments to provide alternate options for students who experience anxiety, are slow writers, or are unable to attend class. This allowed me to better understand the fluid nature of lesson planning, and how your lesson plans can and should evolve over time.



Comments